Lost your job because of COVID-19?
Employees have only 21 days to lodge an application for unfair dismissal after they are dismissed. If you are stood down without pay unlawfully you will be entitled to unpaid wages. Everyone’s circumstances are different so it’s worth getting some free legal advice. Contact NRCLC on 6621 1000 or 1800 689 889 to book an appointment.
Check out this general information from the FWC: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us/news-and-media-releases/website-news/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws
About the Legal Service
- Free advice, information and referral on most civil areas of law
- Free community legal education on a broad range of legal topics
- Free publications on a broad range of legal topics
- Law reform, lobbying and advocacy
The NRCLC provides free legal advice to residents of the Northern Rivers. We give priority to our target groups: women; welfare recipients; people with disabilities; lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, youth, and older people.
Free Legal Advice & Information
To receive free advice, information or a referral contact the NRCLC office on 02 6621 1000 or 1800 689 889.
We provide face to face or telephone appointments from our Lismore Office at 16 Carrington St.
A client may have up to 3 free appointments for any one matter.
We also provide face to face advice at several outreach locations in Casino, Grafton, Kyogle, Tweed Heads, Murwillumbah and Pottsville throughout the month. See the ‘Outreaches’ page for more details.
We do not provide advice in:
- Property law
- Social security law
- Taxation law
- Bankruptcy or trusts
- Personal injury
- Immigration law
- Workers compensation
We will not give advice to:
- Employers in employment matters
- Landlords in tenancy matters
- Defendants in domestic violence matters
- Small business operators
- Neighbours in neighbourhood disputes
- People seeking a second opinion on a solicitor’s advice